October 10, 2020
- WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT TRAINING CLASS – Free one day class offered October 11. The training is open to any volunteer, but especially designed for those who will be serving to manage donated goods warehouses in Salem and Grants Pass, Oregon. Cathy Kissner, Rocky Mountain Conference ACS director will share the ins and outs of managing a warehouse of donated goods. You will learn about protocols and best practices fro her years of experience. Free registration at eventbrite.com/Washington Conference Adventist Disaster Response.
- PRAYER MEETING – We consider prayer the furnace of the church. Please come help us stoke up that furnace this Tuesday at 7:00 pm.
- ALTER THE ALTAR FAMILY WORSHIP – Gather the family for this year’s Alter the Altar family worship project from October 1 through 31! For the entire month of October, let’s zip our lips against negativity and complaining, an open our mouths wide in praise of our great God. When you gather the family at the altar for worship each family member will share a praise starting with the words, “I praise Jesus because ….” Additionally, all petitions will be presented in the form of a praise to God. Use your imagination and each day you will be adding another “stone” in your altar of praise. You can download a printable daily Bible Reading Plan at washingtonconference.org/pray.
- BOARD MEETING – Our board meetings are open meetings on the third Tuesday of every month. If you have ideas on how we might better do things, or just wish to know what the church is planning to do, please come and let your thoughts be heard. Our next board meeting is October 20 at 6:00 pm.
- DAUGHTERS OF THE KING – Our monthly meetings for Women’s Ministry is the fourth Thursday of every month at the church at 7:00 pm. Our next meeting will be October 22. Come join us! All women are welcome!
- UPDATES TO THE VOH DIRECTORY – New directories are in the back. Ask for one, and we will be happy to give it to you. The new ones have the date, “October 3, 2020,” on them.
- EPISODE 2 OF JUST US NOW AVAILABLE – A new episode of Just Us dropped on October 1! In this podcast, we’ll be learning about redlining and Black Wall Street. Sobering history. Great opportunities to reflect for a better future. Let’s listen and learn together as we make room in our hearts for each other. You can listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast or Anchor. You can also watch it on YouTube.
- BULLETIN SUBMISSIONS – The deadline is Friday at noon. If you have any bulletin information, please get it to Lilajean before noon the Friday before that Sabbath’s bulletin. My phone number is 253-906-3101, and my email is email@example.com.