August 1, 2020
- ANOTHER NEW MEMBER! – This is the first reading for Jeff Parker to transfer his membership to Voice of Hope. Next week, we will vote on his transfer.
- PRAYER MEETING – We consider prayer the furnace of the church. Please come help us stoke up that furnace this Tuesday at 7:00 pm to stoke up that furnace.
- SABBATH ADVENTURES AT SUNSET LAKE – Want to hike or go for a canoe ride at Sunset Lake next Sabbath between 4 and 6:30 pm? Send in your RSVP by Friday! Self-guided nature experiences are available as well as a socially distanced worship service at 6 pm. You may also request one of six campfire sites for your personal cookout through 9 pm. The camp provides the wood, you bring everything else. Donations accepted, but not required. Please RSVP to Sunset Lake by phone – 360-829-0311 – or email email@example.com by Friday to hold your spot. Space is limited. You will be required to limit your interactions with your immediate family only. If you are sick, stay home. And don’t forget your mask!
- COMING TO CHEHALIS! – Get Your Life Back! Learn how to identify depression and anxiety and their causes; enhance your energy levels and mood; overcome depression and/or anxiety through positive lifestyle choices and right thinking; eat for optimal brain function; manage stress without distress; live above loss; achieve peak mental performance. This seminar will take place at Chehalis Seventh-day Adventist Church, 120 Chilvers Rd, Chehalis, WA at 5A:00 pm, Sunday, August 9. Sign up in the lobby, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360-748-4330.
- ANNUAL PICNIC – Our annual picnic has tentatively been set for August 15, barring any rain, at American Lake, if the park is open. Come join us for fun in the sun!
- BOARD MEETING – Our board meetings are open meetings. If you wish have ideas on how we might better do things, please come to board meeting and let your thoughts be heard. Our next board meeting will be August 18 at 6:00 pm.
- DAUGHTERS OF THE KING – Women’s ministries meets the third Thursday of the month. Our next meeting will be Thursday, August 20, here at the church.
- TESTIMONY SABBATH – Every quarter we use the fifth Sabbath of the month for an informal time of praise, testimony, and prayer. Come join us for Testimony Sabbath August 29. Bring your favorite songs, your prayer requests, and your praise for what God has done for you! See you then.
- COMMUNION – Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have had to move our communion service to the first Sabbath in September, September 5.
- YOUR CENSUS RESPONSE IS CRUCIAL – It is important that everyone’s voice be heard. Shape the future and respond to the 2020 census online now at 2020census.gov.
- CHURCH DIRECTORY – It’s almost ready! Today, we have an advance copy of the directory to pass around. If your information is incorrect, or has been changed, please correct it on the copy and return it to Lilajean. Hopefully, we will have the new one all ready by next week!
- AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT – Washington Conference Office employees are transitioning from working at home to working in the office once again. The building is currently closed to the public. In-person and virtual visits with ministry leaders are available by appointment. Call 253-681-6008.
- REMEMBERING GLORIA BENTZINGER – Dan and Gloria Bentzinger were a beloved team of evangelists here in western Washington before their retirement. Sadly, Gloria passed away in April. The family is planning a memorial service in Orlando, Florida, at the end of August. The family appreciates your prayers, memories, and messages. If you wish to email condolences to the Bentizinger family, here is the address: email@example.com. Use the subject line, “Remembering Gloria … from a Washington ACTS reader.
- BULLETIN SUBMISSIONS – The deadline is Friday at noon. If you have any bulletin information, please get it to Lilajean before noon the Friday before that Sabbath’s bulletin. My phone number is 253-906-3101, and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org.