September 11, 2021
- PRAYER MEETING – We consider prayer the furnace of the church. Please come help us stoke up that furnace this Tuesday at 7:00 pm.
- EXPERIENCE ABUNDANT HEALTH – Discover how to restore your health and renew your hope with Abundant Health Sabbaths. The next gathering is September 11this afternoon from 1:30 to 7 pm
- BOARD MEETING – Our next board meeting will be September 21 at 6 pm here at the church. If you have ideas on how we might better do things, or just wish to know what the church is planning to do, please come and let your thoughts be heard.
- DAUGHTERS OF THE KING – We meet the fourth Thursday of every month. Our next meeting will be Thursday September 23, at the church at 7:00 pm. All Ladies are welcome!
- MEN’S MINISTRY – Our men’s ministry is restarting also. All men, please come to the church at 7:00 pm September 23, and help restart this much needed ministry!
- IF YOU’VE EVER DESIRED TO BE INVOLVED IN COMMUNITY-BASED MINISTRY BUT WEREN’T SURE WHAT TO DO … START HERE! The virtual Urban Ministries Conference this September 16-18 will help you discover how to better engage with your community! Here’s the bottom line: This is the best $30 you’ll spend for ministry inspiration and training whether you function in an urban, suburban or rural environment. Pastors, leaders, volunteers, board members, young adults, and interested individuals are all welcome to attend! There are many workshops to choose from including cultural intelligence, fundraising, leadership development, grief ministry, health outreach, and children’s ministry. Register now at npuc.org.
- REMBERING BILL ELLISON, THE MARCHING MAN OF PATHFINDERS – Bill Ellison, family man and Pathfinder leader for generations of young people, passed away July 31, 2020, from pneumonia associated with Alzheimer’s. His family postponed memorial services because of the pandemic, yet still would like to honor his life and investment in family and young people. The Ellison family will hold a Pathfinder-themed memorial service for Bill on October 2, 2021, at Bonney Lake Church at 3 pm. Janice and family are requesting donations in Bill’s memory to Bonney Lake Pathfinder Club in lieu of flowers. If you are able to attend the memorial in person, you are invited to wear your Pathfinder uniform or sash in his honor. You are also welcome to email memories of Bill to Ellison.email@example.com
- TESTIMONY SABBATH –Testimony Sabbath is a relaxed time of worship, with Spirit-led praise, testimony, lessons, etc. We start with breakfast at 10:00 am, and then move into our time of testimony, prayer, and song. Come join us October 30 for this wonderful experience!
- LET’S GET MAD! – The Daughters of the King (the women’s group) want to get MAD. We need to “Make a Difference” in Lakewood. We have learned that one thing the homeless need most of all is to be able to wash their clothes. So, we are instituting the Dollar Club again. As you leave the sanctuary, please drop a dollar or two into our wooden box in the foyer. To begin with, we are aiming to help once a month. We would really like to be able to help twice a month. Please help us Make a Difference! Thank you.
- HELP WANTED! – At one time, we had so many singers on our praise teams that we had to split up into four different teams. For various reasons, some of our people have dropped out. If you enjoy singing, please consider joining one of our teams! If you can make a joyful noise, come join us! Contact Lilajean Ballinger or Pastor Wally for more information. Thanks so much!
- COVID RESOURCE PAGE – For any interested, the North American Division has an extensive Covid-19 vaccination resource page with articles, video clips, and more. You can find this page at nadadventist,org. And here are two other resources: Vaccination: A Biblical-Theological Reflection at healthministries.com, and The Covid Vaccine and the Pro-Life Movement at heritage.org.
- BULLETIN SUBMISSIONS – The deadline is Friday at noon. If you have any bulletin information, please get it to Lilajean before noon the Friday before that Sabbath’s bulletin. My phone number is 253-906-3101, and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Thank you.