October 12, 2019
- PRAYER MEETING – Join us in the church furnace for a time of prayer and Bible study every Tuesday at 7:00 pm.
- THE ALTAR PROJECT IS UNDERWAY! – We have a growing list of 140 homes that are participating in the Altar Project! Families are coming together at least once per day for Bible study and prayer… in Washington and across North America! You can still join the Altar Project, a call to restore family worship, from October 1-31! Simply gather the family once a day to pray and worship God together. Join us on a spiritual journey to “Alter the Altar” with your family! You may sign up for daily encouragement at washingtonconference.org/altar.
- WASHINGTON ADVENTIST SINGING MEN CONCERT IN AUBURN – The Washington Adventist Singing Men will perform their 2nd annual festival concert at Auburn Academy Church October 12 at 4 pm. The all-male chorus of about 50 singers from around the state will perform 15 numbers in various styles. Also featured is a tribute performance of “Make Me An Instrument of Thy Peace” in memory of John Neumann.
- SEVEN HOURS WITH JESUS – Join a dynamic time of prayer at South Tacoma Adventist Fellowship from 2-9 pm tonight. You’ll spend “Seven Hours with Jesus” through music, prayer, and time in God’s Word.
- BOARD MEETING – Our next board meeting will be Tuesday, October 15 at 6:00 pm. Our board meetings are open to all, so come see what your church is planning for the future.
- MEN’S CAVE – Our men get together twice a month for a time of fellowship and Bible study. The Men’s Cave meets the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month. The next Men’s Cave meeting will be October 17 at 7:00 pm.
- KEEPERS OF THE FAITH – The ever popular Northwest singing group, Keepers of the Faith, will be in concert Friday, October 18 at 7 pm at Sequim Adventist Church. Free with donations accepted. They will also be in concert November 2 at Bremerton Adventist Church.
- WOMEN’S AND TEENS FALL RETREAT – Join a growing group of women who will be coming to Women’s and Teens’ Fall Retreat October 18 through 20 at Ocean Shores! Register today to join a mentoring and growing journey with keynote speaker Heather Thompson Day. Discover important lessons for living, fighting, walking, and praying like a woman! Eventbrite.com/e/womens-teens-fall-retreat-tickets-63313895566.
- FELLOWSHIP MEAL – This month we are reaching out to friends and neighbors for our fellowship meal. Because we left it rather late to do so, we are postponing it until October 26. So, take your invitation and hand it to a friend. Make copies, and invite many friends! (Or just take some extra with you.)
- NATIVITY PROGRAM – The nativity season is rapidly approaching, and we need to start thinking about our special program December 23. Anyone with any ideas, or willing to participate, please contact Lilajean at 253-906-3101 or Lilajean@vohsdachurch.org. Thanks!
- OCTOBER 25 THROUGH NOVEMBER 2 – The Lamb Wins. Economic instability, international unrest, natural disasters, terrorism, political corruption, moral decay, and the list goes on. Have you wondered what in the world is going on? Is there any hope for the future? Come and find the solutions to these problems and how a Lamb not only provides the answers to these life questions, but how the Lamb wins the great war of good vs evil! Learn more at South Tacoma Adventist Fellowship. Meetings are at 7:00 pm the 25th through the 1st. November 2, the meeting is at 11:00 am.
- BULLETIN SUBMISSIONS – The deadline is Friday at noon. If you have any bulletin information, please get it to Lilajean before noon the Friday before that Sabbath’s bulletin. My phone number is 253-906-3101, and my e-mail is Lilajean@vohsdachurch.org.