August 4, 2018
- FELLOWSHIP MEAL – Come join us after church today for a time of food and fellowship with our visitors today.
- DOLLAR CLUB – Don’t forget to drop a dollar or two into the box in the foyer for the dollar club. This quarter we are collecting money to donate free oil changes to single mothers. Thank you.
- PRAYER MEETING – Prayer meeting is every Tuesday night here at the church at 7:00 pm. Please come and join us as the furnace of the church.
- ANNUAL CHURCH PICNIC – We will be hosting our annual church picnic Sabbath, August 18, after church at American Lake Park. All are welcome. Invite your friends and relatives for an afternoon of socializing, singing, and fun!
- YARD SALE – It’s finally here! All you who have been cleaning and setting aside items for the yard sale may finally get them out from under foot! Our yard sale will be at Terre and Lynette’s Parman’s home at 6311 Nyanza Park Drive SW in Lakewood, Sunday, August 19 from 9 am to 5 pm. For more information, please contact Terri Peters at 253-468-7888 or Lynette Parman at 253-584-9320.
- MEN’S CAVE –All men are welcome to come for Bible study and fellowship the first and third Thursdays of the month at 7:00 pm. Our next men’s cave will be August 16.
- 501-c-3 COMMETTEE MEETING – Our next 501-c-3 committee will be Tuesday, August 21 at 5:00 pm in Pastor’s study.
- BOARD MEETING – Our church board meetings are always open meetings. Anyone is welcome to attend and give us feedback. Our next board meeting will be Tuesday, August 21 at 6:00 pm here at the church.
- IT’S A BIRTHDAY PARTY! – You are invited to a joint birthday party for Frances Snow and Lilajean Ballinger, Sunday, August 26 at Larry and Terri Peters’ home, 132 E 62nd St, Tacoma, WA from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. Bring some food to share and your swimwear for the pool. Come join us for some fun and fellowship!
- PUYALLUP MOTORFEST – Have a classic car to show off or just enjoy seeing classic cars? Puyallup Motorfest on Sunday, August 26, from 9am to 2 pm at 904 Shaw Road, Puyallup, WA is the perfect time for a family outing to enjoy seeing classic cars and participate in kids activities! Registration for classic cars is $10. For more details, visit the Puyallup Motorfest Facebook page.
- WOMEN’S SHELTER VOLUNTEERS – We will be making about two more trips to the Women’s Shelter this summer. If you would like to volunteer for this service, please let Marie Lyder know.
- PORTLAND ADVENTIST COMMUNITY SERVICES DAY TRIP – Want to learn more about how to expand your thrift store ministry? Jon a tour to Portland Adventist Community Services (PACS) Thrift Store in Portland, OR Sunday, September 23, from 7 am to 7pm, to learn different ways you can expand your thrift store ministry! This day trip is free with transportation from four designated pick-up locations. All you need to do is bring a sack lunch! Reserve your seat on the bus by September 14 at pacsthriftstoretour.eventbrite.com! For questions, call Mimi Weithers-Bruce at 253-681-6008.
- JOIN THE WASHINGTON CONFERENCE TEAM! – Washington Conference is looking for applicants to fill an Executive Administrative Assistant role. Responsibilities in this role include: producing correspondence, maintaining records, and performing designated administrative duties. If interested, find a full job description and application at washingtonconference.org/jobs.
- BULLETIN SUBMISSIONS – The deadline is Friday at noon. If you have any bulletin information, please get it to Lilajean before noon the Friday before that Sabbath’s bulletin. My phone number is 253-906-3101, and my e-mail is Lilajean@vohsdachurch.org.