December 15, 2018
- HELP! –We have seven families for which we are putting together Christmas baskets. Please, please, please bring non-perishable foods for these baskets to the church by next Friday night, December 21. We will also accept gift cards or cash! For more information about that, please contact Judy Bartusch at 253-984-1559.
- WE ALSO NEED HELP WITH OUR ADOPTED FAMILY! – We have a family with six children, 4 boys aged 17, 16, 15, and 14, and 2 girls aged 13 and 11. Please help us give this family a happy Christmas. Let Judy (253-984-1559) know which child you would like to buy a gift for, and have your gift here by next Friday also.
- CAROLING! – Come join us this evening at 5:00 for caroling! We will meet here at 5:00, and carpool. We will be visiting two assisted living facilities, and carol in the neighborhood around John and Tracy Germann. Please come join us!!
- FORKS OVER KNIVES – Come join us tomorrow to learn how to eat healthily! We are showing the DVD Forks Over Knives, and talking about healthy foods tomorrow, December 16 at 2:00 pm in the Lakewood Library conference room. Please bring your friends! We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
- PRAYER MEETING – Come join us every Tuesday night at 7:00 for a time of prayer and learning! We are learning how to draw prayer circles in order to make our prayer life more vibrant!
- 501-c-3 COMMITTEE MEETING – Our next 501-c-3 committee will be Tuesday, December 18 at 5:00 pm in Pastor’s study.
- BOARD MEETING – Our church board meetings are always open meetings. Anyone is welcome to attend and give us feedback. Our next board meeting will be Tuesday, December 18 at 6:00 pm here at the church.
- MEN’S CAVE –All men are welcome to come for Bible study and fellowship the first and third Thursdays of the month at 7:00 pm. Our next men’s cave will be December 20.
- CHRISTMAS PREPARATION! – Come help us put together our seven Christmas baskets, and our toys, etc for our family Friday December 21 at 7:00. Also, everyone taking part in our nativity program, be sure to be here at 7!
- NATIVITY PROGRAM – Invite your friends, relatives and neighbors to come enjoy our nativity program next Sabbath, December 22. Also, bring plates of cookies and snacks to share after the program. See you there!
- “ROLLING UNDER THE LIGHTS” – Tacoma Central Church invites you to a private roller skate get-together Saturday, December 22 from 5:15 to 7:15. Admission is 9.50, which includes free roller skates (in line rental is 1.00 more), skating games and activities, all Christian music, starters for the learners. Bring your family, friends and favorite table games to Pattisons West Skate, 34222 Pacific Highway S, Federal Way, WA 98003. For more information, call Carrie Falls at 253-906-8032.
- TESTIMONY SABBATH – Our next Testimony Sabbath will be December 29. This is a very informal Sabbath meeting when we share our praises, prayer requests, testimony, and music. Sabbath school still meets at 10:00, and the service will start at 11:00. Everyone come and enjoy this wonderful time of fellowship!
- COMMUNION SERVICE – Our next Communion Service will be the first Sabbath of the New Year, January 5, 2019.
- 40-DAY MARRIAGE REVIVAL – Get ready for a 40-day prayer and passion program for married couples from January 6-February 1 4, 2019. You and your spouse will embark on an incredible journey to spiritual revival in your marriage. Look for daily challenges at washingtonconference.org/marriage for inspirational ways to renew your marriage covenant.
- A RETREAT FOR YOUNG ADULTS BY YOUNG ADULTS! Are you searching for a way to become a part of God's bigger plan? Discover the answers at the Young Adult Retreat on January 25-27 at Sunset Lake Camp! Come enjoy Anil Kanda’s energetic and highly engaging approach to the Bible and his deep, provocative insights into life’s toughest problems. Plus, have a relaxing weekend filled with music, worship, and fun activities with your fellow young adults! Regular tickets are $90. Grab a Ticket to the Young Adult Retreat!
- GROCERIES - An anonymous donor has offered to purchase groceries for any families in our church who may be in need. Please contact Judy Bartusch at 253-984-1559 for a details.
- BULLETIN SUBMISSIONS – The deadline is Friday at noon. If you have any bulletin information, please get it to Lilajean before noon the Friday before that Sabbath’s bulletin. My phone number is 253-906-3101, and my e-mail is Lilajean@vohsdachurch.org.