July 13, 2019
- PRAYER MEETING – Join us in the church furnace for a time of prayer and Bible study every Tuesday at 7:00 pm.
- VISIONING MEETING – Next week, after church, we will be gathering to envision how we can be a more evangelistic church. Please, everyone come! We need all the help we can get! Bring your ideas, your visions, and especially your connection with the Holy Spirit! Plan to see you there!
- MEN’S CAVE – Our men get together twice a month for a time of fellowship and Bible study. The Men’s Cave meets the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month. The next Men’s Cave meeting will be August 1 at 7:00 pm.
- CHURCH PICNIC – Our church picnic has been postponed until August 10 at American Lake after church. Bring your picnic food to share, and your friends and relatives for a time of fun and fellowship.
- BOARD MEETING – Our next board meeting will be August 20 at 6:00 pm. Our board meetings are open to all, so come see what your church is planning for the future.
- FAMILY ADVENTURE CAMP – This year, Sunset Lake Camp is packing Labor Day weekend full of amazing adventures and family memories that will last a lifetime! Enjoy many of the great activities of the camp, including the banana boat, zip line, giant swing, horseback rides, and much more. Experience Sabbath at the barn, complete with a western barbecue, and a Sunday beach day with a holiday picnic. There will be family worships featuring great worship music and inspiring times in GOD’s word. Affordable options based on family size and housing options at htpps://www.sunsetlake.org/events.
- PLEASE HELP!! Both our Worthy Student and our Good Samaritan funds are in the red. If you feel so inclined, please donate a little extra to both of these funds. Thank you.
- OPERATION FULL HOUSE – This summer Sunset Lake Camp is taking an intentional step to reach the marginalized members of our community. As a member of your community, you are perfectly positioned to help us make a difference in the greater Puget Sound region. Operation Full House is a plan which will allow us to offer a week at camp to underprivileged children at a deeply discounted rate. Here’s how it works: One week before the scheduled start of any camp week, we will open up all our empty spots for only $175.00. This is roughly a 60% discount over regular fees. These rates will be available for children in your sphere of influence who could never afford a week of camp. To access these fees, please contact Sunset Lake by calling 360-829-0311 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the children you would like to register and reference for Operation Full House. They can then contact these families and make the proper arrangements. Space will be limited, and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. For families with challenging financial circumstances, you may wish to sponsor them. Thank you for partnering with Sunset Lake Camp.
- DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE IN NEED? – Have you ever driven through a neighborhood and seen a need? Do you have a neighbor or know a family that could use help with basic living supplies? In Western Washington there are many local nonprofit ministries that are committed to providing families and individuals with basic living supplies. One recent addition to this ministry is the new Washington Conference Essential Supplies Warehouse on the campus of Auburn Adventist Academy. If you know of someone in need, we encourage you to talk with your pastor to see how you can share the love of God with them through Essential Supplies! Your pastor will then make contact to see what is available for you to share.
- BULLETIN SUBMISSIONS – The deadline is Friday at noon. If you have any bulletin information, please get it to Lilajean before noon the Friday before that Sabbath’s bulletin. My phone number is 253-906-3101, and my e-mail is Lilajean@vohsdachurch.org.